Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Morning Re-cap

It was hard to get up at 5:15am today. I stayed up a little too late & my dog woke me up at 4:30, so I'm sure just when I was falling back asleep I had to get up. The whole time I was getting ready, I was thinking, "I really don't want to go." It's supposed to be 50 degrees today and thought I should save my exercise for a lunchtime run instead.

But somehow I mustered my energy together. It's been the first time in awhile I could bike down to the studio, so that was good. Plus, I'm working from home today so knew that I could just get home, take a shower and not have to 'do' myself up.

Class was... only ok. I love our Monday morning teacher. It took some getting used to initially. She's got somewhat of an aerobic instructor like voice to her, but now I just love starting my week with her. She's energetic and I let that infuse my early Monday morning.

Nothing too signficant to report on poses today:
  • Standing bow pulling pose seemed to work better on one side than the other
  • I felt like my mind was wandering more than it should
  • The room didn't feel as hot... or maybe it was not having as many people in the room as the 6pm class is
  • I had a good second row spot with mirror access
  • I'm still excited that I can do Camel & Fixed Firm Pose - 2 of which I had only been able to do about a week ago!
Hope you've started your morning & week off right? Any other Monday morning yogis out there?? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi There Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad to meet fellow Bikram bloggers. Enjoyed reading your earlier posts. YES the O (Oprah) effect. I live in the town (O's hometown) where she is well respected and the O effect is strong. There's this big campaign going on right now with one of the Bikram studio to get Oprah into Bikram ... so will see. Looking forward in reading your coming posts. I'll be following your blog and hope you follow mine too. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I practice with The Prodigal Yogini and linked to you from her blog. You are I are quite similar. I am also 35, married about 2 years, started Bikram about 14 months ago, and also into another sport (rowing) and hooked on Bikram. I relate to much of what you are saying and I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up with your progress. I also have a blog, which you are welcome to visit. http://amykleine.wordpress,com.

    ReplyDelete